wtorek, 16 marca 2010

Titles& Credits Due

Since I can't exactly get creative with the blog layout as a) I know next to nothing about html code and making websites and such, b) blogger.com doesn't exactly have a lot layouts that I like, or that I did not already use before  and c) I happen to like the picture currently up here, enough not to want to change it for the time being, which leaves me with- as far as creativeness and mental shopping are concerned-  changing the blog titles whenever the mood strikes me. What can I say- moods tend to strike me a lot, so that I actually have to stop some of those changes from appearing  here,  just to have a somewhat consistent journal character, but  this is a developmental space for me and the titles tend to reflect that. Still, just for myself (though readers are welcome too of course) I thought a road-map of the past moods and inspirations would be good thing to have:

1. Defying Gravity
The title at the very beginning when I changed platform and hopefully somewhat the character of the blog, from the one I've been using for over 6 years beforehand. New beginning, and the uplift from the burden of years past- what better way to nail that, than with a title like this. The idea itself which must be credited to the OST of Wicked the Musical's song of the same title, is still with me, even if the newer ones have upgraded it.

2.Deferring Judgement on  Judgement Deferred/Lil' Wicked
This one can be credited to life; hung up choices; doors closing, opening and revolving;  again to Wicked The Musical( or my preparations for the London visit) and general wickedness of my own. Dedicated to judgments or misjudgments on which juries are still out. Yes, being cryptic is the purpose here :D

3.Putting out Fire with Gasoline/ White lines on my mind
First line comes form David Bowie's 'Cat People' and I found it soothingly oxymoronic.Also with raging winter the imagery of fire was very tempting. The second one is from Regina Spektor's 'Edit' and struck a cord with me really well at that time and generally. Sometimes I want to write, and can't find words, sometimes there are words but not there anymore when I can write them down. Lots of white lines.

4.Clear Away the Interference and All That Is Left Is Me. One day I'll get the best of it.
This one is a loose combo of Buffy/Angelus dialogue scene during the fight in  S2 finale of BTVS, with my latest take (and reinterpretation) of Matt Costa's 'Sunshine'.  Realizations about the nature of life and interpersonal relationships can be a bitch, but I'm learning to make the best of it. For now I'm working on the concept of controlled selfishness.

Mood

Mad Hatterish  
& Bordering on 
    Accomplished 
       

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz