niedziela, 10 stycznia 2010

Getting Closer- Episode WARNING

For all those somewhat concerned:

Do not read any Dollhouse spoilers people.
I was just checking on Wikipedia whether
they were airing an eppie last Friday or not,
and what I inadvertedly saw blew my mind.
Seriously. Bad DH fan who put THAT particular
description into the brief, easy to access general list
of episodes.Very bad fan. Should be wiped.
Or I want to be wiped of that knowledge, and just
plain see the episode and be shocked than.

Bottom line is: do not watch/read Dollhouse spoilers, period.

They are called SPOILers for something, after all.

Mood






Weirded out but jumping to bath in hope for a better

Monday Morning Edit:
Even with spoilers this episode was still strong, heart breaking
and simply mind boggling- Whedon and 'can't-do-any-wrong-Minear
did it again. With only 2 eps left and such huge twists and reveals
I wonder what is in store for us there.

And yes, I couldn't wait and watched it in the middle of the night.
But damn, was it worth it. This episode turns everything on it's head
and makes me want to watch the whole series again even
if I did the X-mas S1 revisiting/watch-feeding it to my mother
barely a few days ago. Then, rewatching season 1 made me
realize how important to the whole scheme even the lame
episode were. Now all of them start carrying a whole new impact.

Dollhouse is not an easy show to get into. First few eps
are lamish, later ones are often great but may be uneven in the first
season, or even at the begining of season two. The premise is
quite shady, the characters not easy to form attachement to
on account of them being either bad guys, annoyingly pesky
good guys, or dolls wiped of any character traits.

Still the episodes get better in geometric progression,
dolls develop characters,  we start wondering about who the
good and who the bad guys are (or at least who is bad and who is
badder  as in  Faith &Wesley's, sorry  I mean Echo& Senator Perrin's
dialogue[great reunion moment for Dushku and Denisof btw.] from
2x05 The Public Eye:

Perrin: You want to take me back to them? They're all bad guys.
Echo:  I think her bad guys are badder than my bad guys)

And the questions about the frailty of human morality, and the equilibrium
of our society that can be shuttered in an instant once one of the
ever power hungry corporations gets ahead technologically and gets evil
enough (which right now is so not happening, right?), and how real
is the ever looming thread of total doom of civilisation and how little
our personal choices- though important-can mean in the general scheme
of things are raised while the answers do not look in any way bright or
shiny. Totally not awesome, as a certain character I know would put it.

I don't know how the show will play out in the end- whether  the
doom of civilisation will be averted, worked through to the new beginnings,
or shall it remain and reign for a while, before our  descendants
invent the wheel again- but I already know this show is truly epic.
Only Joss and his crew (that are but not limited to: Jed Whedon, Maurissa
Tancharoen, Tim Minear, Jane Epson etc.) really know how to create worlds
within worlds and then lead them to such poetic end.
They've got years of experience under their belts, you know.

If any of you still has to wonder what this rant is getting to, let me clarify.
Watch Dollhouse if you didn't before. If you did and didn't like the beginning,
revisit it but as a whole. If you stopped after first season, for no apparent
reason because in all truth you really liked it, Lena, get back to it. ;> Mark
my words- this show will be legendary, once it's off air and the fandom
starts passing the word around, just as Firefly ended up being .
And there still is 2 weeks to witness it before the end.

And today I may finally lay my finger on the huge last night's premiere of
Chuck. Yay.
Work. Back to. Right.

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz