sobota, 17 lipca 2010

Just when you think you know people....



I'm going to EuroPride in Warsaw today,& as much as I mostly identify as straight (1ish on the Kinsey scale I'd say) I believe this event isn't a your ppl vs. our ppl thing- this is an all ppl thing- a parade for equality of rights  and such.


Having said that, I didn't realize how much my attending it, and my publishing pro LGTB stuff from WHOF page at my  FB wall would miff some of my so called 'friends'.The level of vehemence and the sheer hatred (for the 'gay', the idea of 'gayness' and for me as the propagator of 'deviation') is truly astounding . I thought I knew these people, but apparently I didn't .For few days now i'm having constant debates over LGTB issues like same sex marriage, child adoption down to some really trivial stuff and  the crevice between us growing deeper.

My friends they really like me, you see. So much they're willing to overlook my
lapse in judgement and still hang out.Such humility inducing kindness of theirs.
But am I really ready to overlook their lapse in judgement and complete spiteful hate for the things I consider worth fighting for. Jury's still out and I may not like what they will be bringing. After all I still do like my friends too.
Yet.

I won't be changing my attitude any time soon as this clearly shows how much the fight  for human hearts&heads is needed, but it does make me so sad& disappointed in people and in my own people skills. *sigh*

Off to wash my hair and then out in the heat and possible destruction.
Me and Sarah Jane shall be reporting soon.

5 komentarzy:

  1. EEee tam, nigdy nie znasz ludzi. Choćbyś nie ważne jak długo ich znała i jaki poziom empatii sobą przedstawała, ludzie zawsze coś tam sobie ukryją i czymś Cie zaskoczą. Negatywnie czy pozytywnie, ale zawsze.

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  2. You're on the "Front Line" ol'girl. It is a hard position. I must admit that I waver between confrontational and the tactically withdrawn. It is scary out there sometimes. It is an illusion to think that things are bad in Poland and good anywhere else. But, Poland needs to make that step away from the big blokowisko of the spirit.
    There is a new generation with a new position on issues like human rights, am I right? The light at the end of the tunnel really is light at the end of the tunnel?

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  3. W: ale tu nie chodzilo o ZNANIE na wylot swoich znajomych, ile o to, ze morze wodki sie z nimi wypilo i tematy rozne, w tym i kontrowersyjne, przegadalo i czlowiek sadzil, ze wiedzial na czym stoi.

    T: proud of you, but you know that. :*

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  4. Siobhan: Ale właśnie o to chodzi, że bez względu jak wiele wódki wypiłaś, ile czasu z nimi spędziłaś, jak bliskie więzi Cię z nimi łączą, nie da się poznać ludzi i tego co tkwi w ich środku. O pewnych rzeczach nie mówi się nikomu. Poza tym... ludzie zmieniają się. Nieustannie. To co mogło być pewnikiem dwa dni temu, mogło się zmienić pod wpływem jakiegoś drobnego wydarzenia w życiu.
    Takowoż powtórzę - moim zdaniem, nie da się całkowicie poznać ludzi. I dobrze, bo inaczej byłoby nudno.

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  5. Ja bylam swiadkiem i uczestnikiem tylko jednej dyskusji na FB, i nie wiem, ile oponenci mieli lat, ale---jesli byli w tzw. `naszym` wieku, a mimo to prezentowali taka ignorancje i zascianek...To tak, smutek i rozczarowanie sa tu podzielanymi odczuciami, mimo, ze nie znam tych ludzi osobiscie.

    OdpowiedzUsuń