poniedziałek, 21 lutego 2011

BAD Monday! Go away and rethink your existence!

Got it in an email from M. a while back, but it has never been more spot on than today.
Number 1 is a personal favourite of mine today.

DILBERT'S  RULES  OF  DISORDER

1.       I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow is not looking good either.


2.       I love deadlines.  I especially like the whooshing sound they make as they go flying by.
3.       Tell me what you need, and I'll tell you how to get along without it.
4.       Accept that some days you are the pigeon and some days the statue.
5.       I don't have an attitude problem; you have a perception problem.
6.       My reality cheque bounced.
7.       On the keyboard of life, always keep one finger on the escape key.
8.       I don't suffer from stress.  I am a carrier.
9.       You are slower than a herd of turtles stampeding through peanut butter.
10.   Everybody is somebody's weirdo.
11.   Never argue with idiots.  They drag you down to their level, and then eat you with experience.
12.   A pat on the back is only a few centimetres from a kick in the pants.
13.   Don't be irreplaceable; if you can't be replaced, you can't be promoted.
14.   After any salary raise, you will have less money at the end of the month than you did before.
15.   The more garbage you put up with, the more garbage you are going to get.
16.   You can go anywhere you want if you look serious and carry a clipboard.
17.   Eat one live toad first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day.
18.   If it weren't for the last minute, nothing would get done.
19.   When you don't know what to do, walk fast and look worried.
20.   When confronted by a difficult problem, you can solve it more easily by reducing it to the question,
21.   "How would the Lone Ranger handle this?"
22.   Only the mediocre are at their best all the time.
23.   There's a fine line between genius and insanity; I have erased this line.
24.   If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.
25.   When everything is coming your way, you're in the wrong lane.

I'd substitute 21 with a "WWBD?" though. What Would Buffy Do?- which totally (and not 
strangely so) is a SPN quote:>>>

And as a completely(?) unrelated communique: I'm reading 'Good Omen' again after some odd
10 years-- first time in English too-- and I'm laughing my ass off. Again. Because of Misters P. and G.
being utter and complete(ly brilliant) wackos, and because SPN writers seem to be  big fans of
the book as well. Case and point a demon named Crowley(!) being introduced standing under a
gigantic asphalt roundabout and sporting a British accent (Mark Sheppard <3 <3 <3 !). 
Case and point again crazy prophets and drivers of the Apocalypse.

Okay, I'm done with fangirlingly gushing and back to pretending I'm alive and well at my post.
I'm really, really not but at least I've seen crocuses and daffodils over the weekend.
Before returning to the -18°C reality. Have I mentioned reality had a tendency to suck?

But the weekend-- as cats-- was good. Very good even. *hugs all who made it so*

2 komentarze:

  1. O, dorbze, ze to dzis przeczytalam :D
    Niby piatek, ale zawsze znajdzie sie ktos, kto Ci pierdnie swoim swiatopogladem przed weekendem i umknie, a czlek zostaje ze smrodem :/
    A tak -sie obsmialam glosno i sczerze :D

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  2. Co za brzydal Ci pierdolnął? Na pochybel mu i hańba o!.
    A ja pracuję w weekend co well... jak powyżej.

    OdpowiedzUsuń